CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Aviary is the only coworking studio within Vancouver located at street level, which allows the continual creation of storefront window displays and visual interaction with our community. This unique access provides our members, as well as designers and makers, a public platform to showcase their products or creative installations. Our windows are available to the public for rent, while Aviary members receive 2 complimentary weeks of access.
About the Competition
- One successful candidate will receive a complimentary 2 week use of our East storefront from May 5th - May 19th, 2017.
- Two honourable mentions will receive special mention on our social media accounts and newsletter.
How to Enter
- Submit your proposal by midnight on April 16th, 2017 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The successful candidate and 2 honourable mentions will be announced April 17th here on this page and on our Instagram account. Make sure you are following us @theaviary_ca.
- Tell us about yourself: What do you do, what are you passionate about, how would our storefront help you?
- What's your idea? Give us as much detail as possible, and include images and/or sketches that succinctly convey your proposal.
- Provide any other information that will help us evaluate your design aesthetic and/ or design practice such as your portfolio, website, and social media.
- We value the benefits of good design and are looking for a proposal that reflects this idea, and that also engages the public in the possibilities of design, and challenges the benchmark of design in Vancouver.
- Non-Vancouver based submissions will be accepted, but all candidates must be available in person to physically install and take down their installation.
- Sarah Delaney Fall 2016
We appreciate the time it takes to put this kind of proposal together, however only the successful candidates will be notified. Unsuccessful proposals are welcome to submit again in the future.
Best of luck!